TJ Admissions Test Preparation: Private Tutoring
Parents want to properly prepare their student for the TJ admissions test. We believe that most students benefit from previewing this test and so we offer one-on-one tutoring to students who cannot take our TJ class.
What’s involved? We provide students with a five-session program. The first session is a diagnostic test with two essays (to be typed on the student’s laptop) to assess suitability for Thomas Jefferson. The second, third and fourth sessions are for tutoring to work on areas of weakness. The fifth session, which actually may be implemented after any of the tutoring sessions, is a second practice test with essay. The student will be given timed homework after each tutoring session. All tutoring is scheduled for weekdays i.e. Monday through Thursday in Catharpin or Friday or Sunday in McLean. Diagnostic testing Monday through Thursday in Catharpin or Saturday in McLean.
How do we register? Click on the red “BOOK NOW” button and click on “packages“. Call Kate Dalby at 703-356-2728 to schedule the appointments.
The price of this program is $575.00, due when you sign up.
Your seat is guaranteed only upon payment in full.
* The program includes three private hour-long tutoring sessions and two practice tests.
* Additional practice tests are $25 each.
* Additional private tutoring is $110 per hour.(Dalby recommends 3-8 hours of tutoring to prepare for the TJ admissions test; the number of hours depends on the needs/goals of the student; we can give you a pretty good idea of the total hours after we administer and score the diagnostic test.)
Refunds & Cancellations:
* A full refund (minus a $100 non-refundable fee) is available up to one week before the first session.
* Should you cancel after having taken the diagnostic test (this is the first session) an additional $130 will be deducted from the refund.
* Should you cancel after having taken the 2nd session (this is the first tutoring session), an additional $150 will be deducted from the refund.
* Should you cancel after having taken the 3rd session, there are no refunds.
Payment in full is required to register and guarantee your seat.
You may pay with VISA, MasterCard, Cash or Check. You may pay online after submitting this registration form, or if you prefer, you may call us with your credit card information. Please keep in mind – if paying by check, your seat is not guaranteed until we receive your check.